Grab your camera and take aim for the Matzke Butterfly Garden photo contest!
All boys and girls in Harris County, Texas between the ages of 6 to 14 are eligible to enter the Kids Photo Contest this summer, with the permission of their parent or guardian. Rules for the contest are as follows:
1. The age of the contestant is to be based on his or her age as of June 1, 2015.
2. Photos are to be taken only by the contestant, must only be taken in the Matzke Park Butterfly Garden and are to only be taken between the dates of June 1, 2015 and July 31, 2015. Please follow posted rules of observing without disturbing nature.
3. One photo of each species of "Things that Fly" in the garden (butterflies, bees, birds, ladybugs, dragonflies, etc.) can be submitted by a contestant. There can be several entries of butterflies, for example, so long as each is a different kind.
5. The deadline for submitting entries is midnight on July 31, 2015.
6. Entrance in the contest implies that you agree to the rules of the contest and have parental consent to enter the contest. The decisions of judges will be final.
Scoring: Judges will award one point per photo of each different species submitted, one additional point will be awarded for the correct identification of the species submitted, and one point may be deducted for duplicates of the same species submitted by one individual.
Prizes will be awarded in August to contestants by age groups 6 to 8, 9 to 11, and 12 to 14.
Businesses and individuals wishing to support this contest may send a donation before July 15, 2015 to: Norchester Garden Club Treasurer 14606 Quail Creek Court Houston, TX 77070 Please make checks payable to Norchester Garden Club with "Kids Photo Contest" in the memo.
Past and present support is so very much appreciated as we manage and maintain this beautiful community garden! A place to relax. A place to learn. Enjoy!
Butterfly Garden Committee Norchester Garden Club firstname.lastname@example.org